Who we are
Our project website https://cirawa.eu is run by REVOLVE PLANET (henceforth known as REVOLVE), and as the case may be by third party subcontractors, under the responsibility of REVOLVE.
CIRAWA is a project funded by the European Union.
Our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) can be reached by postal mail at DPO REVOLVE, Arlon street 63-67, 1040 Brussels, Belgium, or by email at email@example.com.
What data we collect
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with the EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereafter the “GDPR”). Please note that, no website can be completely secure.
All information that we use and/or gather will be used in accordance with the GDPR. To find out more about the EU Data Protection Rules click here.
Some of our services may enable you to sign-in via a third-party service, such as Facebook. If you choose to sign-in via a third-party app, you will be presented with a dialog box which will ask your permission to allow us to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, date of birth, email address and any other information you have made publicly accessible to the third-party service, such as Facebook). Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by us.
In our Service, we provide forms through which you can contact us or subscribe to our newsletter(s), and we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal data”).
Through interactions with us on social media of CIRAWA, message boards, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text, we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of personal information you have provided to us such as, for example, your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender or date of birth, personal interests (e.g. what newsletters you have read).
Personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Your email address
- Your first name
- Your last name
- Your country
- Your company
- Your occupation
To gather information of how our visitors of the CIRAWA website use our website, we use a self-hosted instance of the Matomo analytics service. All the data we collect with this instance of the Matomo service resides within our server hosted in Switzerland and any captured Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is not shared with third parties. The data that is collected with Matomo includes, but is not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit to our Website
- The duration of your visit to our Website
- The pages you visit during your visit to our Website
- The forms you fill in on our Service
To facilitate our email marketing, such as newsletter subscription, we use Mailchimp. Any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is only shared with Mailchimp following your submission of the
To understand our readers’ interaction with our newsletter, we rely on Mailchimp which gather data including, but not limited to:
- The date and time of when you opened our newsletter
Note on uploading images to our Service
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Note on embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Note on links to other websites
How we collect your data
We collect and store your personal information only when this is voluntarily shared by you through one of the forms on our Website.
Forms we have that collect personal data include, but is not limited to:
- Newsletter subscription form
We may also collect and store your personal information when you voluntarily share this with us through means of correspondence which include, but is not limited to:
- Phone call
Usage data is collected at the hand of:
- Third-party services: This Service uses Mailchimp to collect data regarding interactions on our emails.
- Self-hosted services: We use a self-hosted instance of the Matomo analytics service. All the data we collect with this instance of the Matomo service resides within our server hosted in Switzerland and any captured Personal Identifiable Information (PII) is not shared with third parties.
- Server logs: When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your IP address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
How we use your data
We use the personal information you have voluntarily shared with us to:
- Subscribe you to our newsletter following explicit consent
- Attain a better understanding of our audience
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under (16), we may process limited personal data about you so that you can give consent for the child to access some REVOLVE services. We may use your contact details to communicate with you about the child’s account or use of services.
We use your usage data to:
- give us a better understanding of how you use our Service so that we may improve the services offered by CIRAWA.
- to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits of our websites at the hand of IP addresses and device identifiers.
By combining your usage data with that of other visitors to our Service, we can get a better understanding of how our Service is used by our audience. This in turn helps us analyse the effectiveness of our Service, and sheds light on where we can make improvements to enhance the experience of our visitors and increase the value of our Service to them.
Legal bases for processing your data
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so.
These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
How we store your data
The personal information you have freely shared with us is stored on:
The usage data that the third-party service captures from your visit is stored on:
The usage data that the self-hosted instance of the Matomo service captures from your visit is stored on:
- This website’s server, located in Switzerland.
Retention of your personal data
We do not keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Retention of your usage data
We will retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
International transfers of personal information
The personal information we collect is stored and processed in Belgium, or where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
Your data protection rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracking technologies and cookies
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity). Normally these beacons do not contain personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of particular marketing campaigns. In case a web beacon is used to collect personal information, they will be considered as a ‘Third party cookie’ for which your consent will be asked in advance.
- Understanding how you use our Service
What cookies do we use?
Functionality cookies – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer, or whether or not you’ve accepted tracking cookies for our website usage analytics.
How to manage cookies
Via our website
You can change your given cookies consent for our self-hosted instance of the Matomo service uses by clicking here: Edit cookies consent
Via your browser
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies but, if you do not want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when cookies are sent or you can reject the cookies altogether. To do so you may, for example, consult:
It is important to note that if you change your settings and block certain cookies, you will not be able to take full advantage of some features of our services, and we might not be able to provide some features you have previously chosen to receive.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com